This is an opportunity to join a successful and well established optometric practice located both in Cobourg and Port Hope. We pride in excellent patient care and customer service. Our doctors practice full scope optometry utilizing the best technology and medical equipment currently available. We also have an spectacle dispensary and onsite finishing lab. We are looking for an office manager to manage day-to-day business operations of the practice, manage and maintain bookkeeping of the practice finances with financial software and resolve patient billing inquires and customer service issues. Historically this has required about 15 hrs of work per week. We are presently looking for someone to work for at least 15-20 hrs per week.
· Manage all aspects of staff: scheduling, punctuality, time off with or without pay, complaints.
· Recruit, hire and fire staff when needed.
· Plan and conduct staff meetings (as needed).
· Ongoing staff training and remediation
· Collect and verify employee time sheets and submit to payroll company bi monthly
· Supervise all aspects of customer service.
· Manage patient complaints.
· Manage recall tactics (monthly and daily).
· Review and manage accounts receivable aging reports for patients and insurance plans.
- Collect revenue by reminding delinquent accounts, notifying customers of insufficient payments
- Manage the implementation of practice management software
· Supervise all office supplies.
· Order and supervise maintenance on both facilities and equipment.
· Supervise daily reconciliation of payments
· Supervise bank deposits and receipt verification
· Manage bookkeeping; enter data into Sage 50 (Simply Accounting).
· Process accounts payable and receivables.
· Reconcile monthly bank and credit card statements, researching and correcting any discrepancies
· Enter invoices into accounting software and run cheques to pay bills.
· Track data; produce reports (monthly and as needed) on cash flow, budgeting etc.
· Manage OHIP billing and claim filing for all doctors.
· Oversee inventory and overhead accounts
· Prepare GST remittances and process payment to government
· Manage payroll remittances and process payment to government
· Provide information to accountant to create financial statements
· Assist accountant on tax return preparation for company
· Manage the practice marketing plan and calendar.
· Manage all advertisement needs of the practice
· Assist with information technology.
· Supervise the practice web site and social media.
· Test new procedures and policies.
· Maintain an office policy manual (employment issues).
Job Requirements: (A MUST)
- 2-3 years of experience.
- Completion of Secondary School.
- Working knowledge of Accounting software Sage 50 (Simply Accounting)
How to Apply.
In person with a resume.
Location: 163 Elgin Street East, Cobourg, ON, K9A 1A1. Phone: (905-372-1858)
Time: Mon - Fri, Between 9:00 am to 5:00 pm
We require an Optometric Assistant/ Dispenser to join our team working 30 hours per week +/-. The ideal applicant will possess excellent time management skills, a positive friendly demeanor, be well organized and have outstanding communication skills. We are looking for a person with a professional appearance who is detail oriented and able to multi-task. The ideal candidate must also be a self-starter, punctual and available to work a couple of evenings (to 7:30pm) per week and at least every other Saturday.
- Frame consultant (dispensing eyewear and services). Assist patients in selecting eyewear by advising on lens materials, frames, tints and anti-refection coating to fit patient. Be able to take the necessary measurements for fitting eyewear.
- Frame dispensing and adjustments. Adjust and repair eyeglasses, fit finished eyewear to patient.
- Ordering glasses and contact lenses. Advise on use and care of eyeglasses and contact lenses.
- Billing patients and Insurance
- Pre-testing using automated equipment (training provided)
- Booking appointments/Recalls
- Patient file management
Job Qualifications/Experience and Skills:
Minimum high school diploma or equivalent. Experience of working as an eyewear dispenser either in an Optometric / Ophthalmic office or retail setting is required. Certificate of Optometric/Ophthalmic Assistant an asset. Preference will be given to those having their certification as Optometric/Ophthalmic Assistant. Must have own transportation and be able to work in both practice’s locations of Cobourg and Port Hope. Preference will be given to those who have worked in this field or in an optometric office previously. Must have general computer use skills and be familiar with MS Windows and Office.
Please email your reply to this ad with both a resume and cover letter to [email protected]. Only those who are chosen for interviews will be contacted. We thank-you in advance for your interest in this employment opportunity with our company.